David has over 40 years experience litigating complex business and white collar criminal cases in State and Federal Courts.
David focuses his practice primarily on business related white collar criminal defense and complex business litigation, including antitrust and professional liability defense. He regularly represents individuals, local businesses, national and international corporations, lawyers and law firms inside and outside North Carolina. David joined Poyner, Geraghty, Hartsfield & Townsend in 1967 and with the exception of a two-year hiatus where he was an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, he has been with the law firm since that time.
USA v. Moorman Pines Plantations, L.L.C.
– settled at mediation United States v. 685.76 acres
– Federal Condemnation of Coastal Property – settled at mediation DeLoach v. Philip Morris, Standard Commercial, et al
– Class Action Monopsony Conspiracy – settled prior to trial United States of America v. Davin Walter Brown, et al.
– Securities Fraud Conspiracy – plea United States of America v. Bobby C. McLamb
– Hobbs Act, Bank Fraud, Money Laundering – plea
read all representative experience
United States of America v. John W. Billmyer, et al. – Commercial Bribery - conviction
Brookside Builders, Inc. and Linda D. Seibel v. Frost Brown, et al. – Professional Negligence – settled
Richard T. Gammon – In Re: Death of Eric Miller – Attorney/Client Privilege issue – Two NC Supreme Court Opinions
U.S. v. Kenneth Reesman – Bidrigging – Trial – acquittal
U.S. v. American Bakeries Co. – Bidrigging – Trial – conviction
Ashcraft v. Conoco – Contempt Trial – Served as Special Prosecutor in U.S. District Court
Firm Management ResponsibilitiesDavid's responsibilities include Loss Prevention Partner, Claims Counsel, and Firm Counsel.