Haywood’s practice focuses on the representation of banks, commercial finance companies and factors in a wide variety of commercial lending and factoring transactions, as well as in the area of creditors’ rights, workouts, loan restructuring and bankruptcy.
"Lender and Agent Discretion in Credit Documentation" Presentation to The Commercial Finance Association Carolinas Chapter, July 20, 2011.
" 'It was all going fine until. . .' Managing the Troubled Loan: A Lender's Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them" Presentation to the North Carolina Bankers Association, August 24, 2010.
- Represented senior secured lenders in structuring, documenting, negotiating and closing numerous syndicated and non-syndicated cash flow and asset-based lending arrangements to a wide variety of commercial and industrial borrowers.
- Involved in structuring and documenting a variety of factoring and accounts receivable management transactions.
- Experienced with a variety of subordinated lending structures, both secured and unsecured, including participation in borrower equity.
read all representative experience
- Structured and documented forbearance and workout arrangements for senior secured lenders and factors.
- Involved in UCC and real estate foreclosure actions for senior secured lenders and factors.
- Represented senior secured lenders and factors in DIP financing and cash collateral arrangements.
Prior Legal Experience
Before joining Poyner Spruill in 2010, Haywood was a Partner in the Charlotte office of Hunton & Williams, where he practiced in the Banking & Finance and Lending Services areas for 10 years.