Brian has a diverse financial practice and represents a wide array of clients in commercial loan and banking transactions, loan portfolio dispositions and purchases and sales of real estate and personal property.
- Representation of all parties in commercial loan transactions, including:
- Representation of lenders in commercial real estate loan transactions, including permanent, construction and construction to permanent financing of office, retail, hotel, industrial, healthcare, multi-family, mixed-use, low income housing tax credit and historic tax credit-based projects
- Representation of lenders and borrowers in secured and unsecured commercial and industrial financing
- Representation of lenders in cross-border financing, financing to knowledge-based, venture and private equity backed companies and subordinated and mezzanine debt financings
read all representative experience
- Representation of lenders in capital call lines of credit to private equity funds
- Representation of lenders in complex, multi-tiered intercreditor arrangements
- Representation of agents and lenders in club deals and syndicated loan facilities
- Representation of purchasers and sellers in loan participations
- Representation of purchasers and sellers in various portfolio asset purchases, dispositions and servicing arrangements
- Representation of lenders with the restructure of loans currently in default
- Representation of depository and other financial institutions with the drafting and negotiation of letters of credit, control agreements, lockbox agreements and other banking products
- Representation of purchasers and sellers of personal property and real estate (including deeds in lieu of foreclosure)
Brian is the co-author of Survey of Commercial Lending Laws in the Southeast, 2007, a comprehensive treatise on the laws affecting commercial loan transactions in eight southeastern states.
Firm Management ResponsibilitiesBrian is Chair of the firm's Financial Services Section.