Stephanie has experience representing clients in a broad range of transactional matters.
She is a member of the firm’s Corporate Law and Banking & Financial Services practice groups. She advises companies in a wide variety of industries regarding corporate governance and compliance, mergers and acquisitions, business entity formations and other general corporate and contractual matters. She also has experience with real estate and lending transactions. In addition, she regularly advises financial institutions regarding issues arising in connection with bank deposit accounts.
- Advice regarding general corporate and securities matters, including contract negotiation and advice regarding entity selection, corporate formalities and fiduciary duties.
- Formation and dissolution of business entities, including corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
- Representation of clients in stock and asset acquisitions and dispositions, mergers and other similar transactions.
- Representation of clients in commercial loan transactions involving real estate and asset-based collateral.
- Advice regarding bank deposit accounts, including issues involving trusts, powers of attorney, guardianships, and decedent’s accounts.
- Advice regarding interest rate and usury laws in connection with banking products.
- Advice on website privacy compliance including drafting privacy notices and compliance procedures to address COPPA and other applicable laws.
- Contract drafting related to international data transfers.
- Experience in commercial real estate matters, including acquisition, development and leasing.
Prior Legal Experience
Prior to joining Poyner Spruill, Stephanie worked as a summer associate for Morris, Schneider & Prior, and as a legal assistant for Brock & Scott, PLLC from 2004 – 2006.