Tim’s environmental practice includes advising clients and negotiating allocation of environmental liabilities and responsibilities with respect to real estate and business transfers and drafting related documents; assisting clients with environmental permitting, negotiating compliance issues with state and federal agencies, brownfields agreements, and state directed or funded clean-up programs; and assisting local governments with drafting and implementation of watershed, buffer and other environmental protection ordinances.
- Provided legal opinions utilized by borrowers and lenders analyzing potential liability associated with contaminated property
- Negotiated and drafted contractual provisions allocating environmental liabilities associated with real estate and business transfers
- Assisted clients with obtaining Brownfields Program eligibility and negotiating Brownfields Agreements
read all representative experience
- Defended issuance of waste water treatment plant permits and represented local government clients defending issuance of permit for interbasin transfer of water
- Defended local governments' land use related decisions
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in property contamination cases including Superfund litigation
- Represented local governments and private parties in landfill permit matters
- Represented asphalt plants in various air permitting matters
Prior Legal Experience
Prior to joining Poyner Spruill, Tim served as an Attorney for the United States Department of Energy from 1984 to 1988.