Allison is a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation practice group, advising employers and business owners on all aspects of employee benefits, including defined contribution and defined benefit retirement plans, self-insured and fully-insured medical, life, and disability plans, as well as all other types of compensation and benefit arrangements. She also represents clients in all stages of sales and acquisitions, in addition to formation and general corporate law matters.
Prior to joining Poyner Spruill in 2018, Allison practiced employee benefits and general employment law at a law firm in Portland, Oregon. She also served as a judicial law clerk for The Honorable Thomas R. Allen in the General Chancery division of the Circuit Court of Cook County in Chicago.
In law school, Allison was the Managing Editor of the Gonzaga Journal of International Law and studied abroad in Florence, Italy.
Areas of Focus
+Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Designs, implements, and terminates various compensation and group benefit plans
- Advises clients on DOL and IRS compliance, fiduciary duties, and taxation issues
- Provides employers support on welfare and fringe benefit plans, including ACA, HIPAA, and COBRA compliance
- Counsels employers on considerations related to multiple employer welfare arrangements and association health plans
- Advises on the impact of mergers & acquisitions on employee benefit plans, including assistance with plan terminations and integration
- Aids companies with executive compensation arrangements and compliance
+Mergers & Acquisitions
- Assists employers in all aspects of merger and acquisition transactions, from letter of intent to closing
- Counsels employers with formation, reorganization, restructuring, contract negotiation, and general corporate governance matters