Jennifer is a multi-lingual attorney able to handle all immigration matters, including H-1B visas, L-1A, L-1B, and H visas, J-1 visas, E-1, E-2, and Australian E-3 visas, F visas and the OPT period option, the newly enacted deferred action program for undocumented youth, O and P visas, TN visas, PERM labor certifications, permanent resident, investor-, employment-, and family-based visa petitions, deportation and political asylum cases, and naturalization and renunciation matters. Jennifer can assist with EB-5 green card investor petitions, both direct and through Regional Centers for Foreign Investment. She advises on I-9 compliance, oversees and responds to issues relating to employer-generated audits, and assists with Immigration and Custom Enforcement issues. She also monitors and advises on the increasingly mandatory use of E-Verify.
After completing law school, Jennifer received a number of law certificates, including: Certificate in Public International Law, International Courts of Justice, The Hague; Certificate on E.E.C. Law, London University; and comparative private international law, Institut Universitaire de Hautes Études Internationales, Geneva, Switzerland. She is fluent in French and speaks conversational German.
Jennifer was admitted to the New York Bar in 1979 and practiced in New York until she moved to North Carolina in 2008.
Areas of Focus
- Assists corporate clients with hiring and retaining talented individuals in need of non-immigrant and permanent resident visa sponsorship
- Guides employers in best practices for I-9 and E-Verify compliance
- Prepares for and represents clients during investigations and inspections by US Department of Labor and Immigration Customs and Enforcement
- Assists with Social Security Administration-generated inquiries relating to employees’ social security information
- Prepares family-based visa sponsorships and naturalization
- Represents affirmative asylum applicants
+Certifications & Specializations
Certified Yellow Belt in Legal Lean Sigma by the Legal Lean Sigma Institute®+ CLOSE
Wake Forest University, JD, 1978
Dartmouth College, BA, 1973, summa cum laude+ CLOSE
+Professional & Community Activities
North Carolina Chinese Business Association: Vice President, Government Liaison and Co-Chair of Speakers Committee
Triangle Chapter of British American Business Counsel of North Carolina: Secretary, Legal Counsel and Executive Committee Member
Chairman, International Law & Practice Section, North Carolina Bar Association
Wake County Bar Association, Public Service Committee and Lawyers Read Program
The Organization of Women in International Trade of the Greater Triangle, former board member+ CLOSE