Kim has developed a general commercial practice over the past 40 years. He has extensive experience in buying and selling businesses and assisting clients in operating their ongoing enterprises.
Areas of Focus
+Business Organizations & Transactions
- Act as lead counsel on buying and selling businesses
- Negotiate and draft business contracts, such as leases, employment agreements, and software licenses
- Organize corporations and limited liability companies for business operations
- Provide business and succession planning, such as shareholder agreements
- Review and advise franchisors and franchisees on contracts and relations involved in franchised businesses
- Represented a franchisee in the sale of a multi-unit system operating in several states.
- Represented a purchaser in the acquisition of a regional franchise business.
- Negotiated many franchise and related documents for new franchisees.
University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 1977
Ohio University, B.A., 1974
+Professional & Community Activities
Board of Directors, Rocky Mount Chamber of Commerce, 2010
Board of Trustees, Rocky Mount Academy
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America in corporate law, 2023