From franchisees to family-owned breweries, and restaurateurs to investor groups, we work with a broad array of clients and understand that the issues they each face vary by region, city, and even neighborhood.
We address a wide variety of issues faced by clients whose business and personal activities involve the restaurant industry. We work with these clients to establish proper business organizations, governance structures, and policies.
Recent representative experience includes:
- Representation of franchisee/operators of from 1 to over 300 restaurants in ongoing general corporate matters including financing issues, strategic planning, general contracting matters, franchise review, and negotiation
- Negotiation of disputes with franchisors, including construction, licensing, and other issues
- Representation of multi-state franchisor with respect to ongoing franchisee relations and issues, and ownership and operation of company-owned units
- Representation in various employment matters including wage/hour issues, drug testing, employee terminations, and employee handbooks
- Trademark and service mark registrations
- Representation of infringement of trademark/trade dress claims
- Negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale of multi-unit restaurant groups
- Negotiation and documentation of real estate purchases, leases, and construction contracts for building restaurants and hotels
- Organization of corporate and other limited liability entities to acquire and operate restaurants
- Closing of asset-based financing for a multi-state and/or multi-unit restaurant group
- Syndication of ownership in restaurant groups
For more information about our food and beverage practice, contact one of the related professionals on this page. ◀︎ Back to All For Your Industry