Insurance companies face special legal circumstances: when they get sued, they are at the mercy of the facts, in circumstances created by (or allegedly created by) their insureds.
Insurers contact us for issues ranging from run-of-the-mill claims to cases that are particularly difficult or require specific experience.
We handle insurance defense and coverage issues, including catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death cases, as well as:
- Premises Liability
- Products Liability
- Trucking Defense
- Construction Defects
- Professional Malpractice
- Business and Consumer Fraud
- Constitutional Rights
Our representative insurance defense experience includes:
- Regular representation of the largest domestic property and casualty insurer in North Carolina in automobile liability and coverage cases throughout Eastern North Carolina
- Representing a national provider of insurance products and services for the trucking industry in numerous cases, including cases involving paraplegia and wrongful death
- Representing one of numerous defendants in mass tort cases arising out of explosion of West Pharmaceuticals plant in Kinston, North Carolina, in January of 2003
- Representing South Carolina compounding pharmacy and its owner in multi-district personal injury and wrongful death litigation arising out of pharmacy’s distribution of contaminated sterile injectable medication
- Serving as the lead defense counsel for an alarm company in a claim to recover $81 million for property and product damage at a North Carolina tobacco facility
- Representing major brokerage company in product liability litigation concerning both product and insurance coverage questions
- Regularly conducting Examinations Under Oath (EUO) on behalf of insurers
For more information about insurance defense and tort litigation, contact one of the related professionals on this page.
◀︎ Back to All For Your Industry