Bardin represents and advises clients, from small regional banks to multinational retailers, in connection with financial services regulatory and compliance matters. He regularly provides compliance advice regarding a broad range of laws and regulations applicable to financial products and services. He also assists financial services clients with operational matters, providing advice in connection with both routine lending and deposit-taking functions and special projects associated with mergers, acquisitions, asset transfers and other transactions.
Bardin also represents clients in connection with certain transactional matters, including commercial real estate acquisitions and development matters, with significant experience in the hotel and restaurant industries, as well as commercial lending transactions, where he has experience representing both lenders and borrowers.
Areas of Focus
- Advises financial services clients regarding operational matters in connection with both routine lending and deposit-taking functions
+Financial Services Regulatory
- Provides compliance advice regarding a broad range of laws and regulations applicable to financial products and services.
- Analyzed legal requirements and negotiated agreements to allow a client’s customers to finance their purchases through alternatives to traditional store-branded credit cards
- Analyzed the applicability of state and federal financial laws and regulations to certain financial services proposed to be offered to a client’s customers
- Analyzed the applicability of state and federal financial laws and regulations, including financial privacy regulations, to technologies enabling a client’s employees to more effectively manage their payroll deposits
Ranked among Super Lawyers magazine’s North Carolina “Rising Stars” (Banking) 2013-2018
+Professional and Community Activities
North Carolina Bar Association, Member
Wake County Bar Association, Member
North Carolina Bankers Association, Member
North Carolina Bankers Association, Bank Counsel Committee Member
Wake County Real Property Lawyers Association, Member
+Speaking & Writing
Co-Author, Survey of Commercial Lending Laws in the Southeast