Those in the banking and financial services industry must navigate a substantial variety of regulatory matters and understand that their business depends on a precise, practical approach to these complex and challenging requirements.
We counsel clients on the impact of proposed regulations, compliance with current regulations and agency guidelines, and the effect of regulatory overhaul and reorganization. We also assist and defend clients in regulatory compliance reviews, examinations, audits, and enforcement actions.
The areas in which we provide strategic and operational advice to our clients include:
- Consumer protection compliance
- Including statutory and regulatory requirements related to fair lending; home mortgage disclosure compliance (Regulation C); truth in lending (Regulation Z); truth in savings (Regulation DD); equal credit opportunity (Regulation B); residential real estate settlement procedures (Regulation X); predatory lending; fair debt collection; fair credit reporting; and unfair, deceptive, or abusive trade practices and actions
- Payment systems, electronic banking, electronic fund transfers, and e-commerce
- Structuring and implementation of new financial products and services, including credit and debit cards, stored value products, and non-deposit investment products
- Assistance with institutional chartering or licensure at the state and federal levels
- Retail lending and deposit functions
- Corporate structure and subsidiary formation
- Affiliate transactions (Regulation W)
- Capital adequacy
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Bank Secrecy Act and anti-money laundering
- Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Privacy and Information Security
- GLB compliance, breach response, FCRA implementation, and affiliate information sharing
- Community Reinvestment Act and Regulation BB
- Preparation for regulatory examinations and response to examination findings
- Vendor contracting and management
For more information about the impact these regulations have on businesses, contact one of the related professionals on this page.
◀︎ Back to All Financial Services