Brad’s practice focuses on commercial finance, banking law, business law, and commercial real estate, including 1031 transactions, purchases, sales, financing, and leasing.
Areas of Focus
+Real Estate Development
- Representation of financial institutions in all types of commercial loan transactions, including real estate, acquisition and development, construction, tax credit, and asset-based financing.
- Representation of buyers and sellers of commercial real estate.
- Representation of commercial landlords and tenants in office and retail lease negotiations.
+Creditors’ Rights & Bankruptcy
- Representation of financial institutions in loan workouts, restructures, and related creditors’ rights matters.
- Representation of business clients on a variety of corporate and general business and finance matters, including securitized and non-recourse permanent financing, purchases and sales of businesses, and contract negotiations.
Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 1989
University of North Carolina, B.A., 1986
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® (Banking & Finance Law) 2023, (Financial Services Regulation Law) 2023
Recognized as a Leading Attorney by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business (Banking & Finance) 2014 – 2018
+Professional & Community Activities
North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law and Real Property Sections
Seventh Judicial District Bar Association
Nash-Edgecombe Bar Association