It is more important than ever that employers ensure their policies and practices do not violate Title VII and other civil rights laws. As part of that compliance, employers should replace their “EEO is the Law” workplace poster.
On Wednesday, October 19, 2022, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) released an updated “Know Your Rights” poster summarizing Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination.
Federal law requires employers with 15 or more employees to prominently display the poster at their work sites. In addition to physically posting, covered employers should provide digital notice on their websites, especially if employees work remotely.
The “Know Your Rights” poster updates the “EEO is the Law” poster with these changes:
- Uses straightforward language and formatting;
- Notes that harassment is a prohibited form of discrimination;
- Clarifies that sex discrimination includes discrimination based on pregnancy and related conditions, sexual orientation, or gender identity;
- Adds a QR code for fast digital access to the how to file a charge webpage; and
- Provides information about equal pay discrimination for federal contractors.
The updated poster is accessible using the following:
- Digital Postings
- “Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal” – HTML
- “Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal” – HTML, Spanish
- Physical Postings
Poyner Spruill attorneys are here to help you comply with the latest policies. Reach out today if you have any questions or concerns.