We have a comprehensive understanding of all matters relating to the School Budget and Fiscal Control Act, federal and state pass-through or matching funding programs (e.g. – Title I, vocational funds, exceptional children’s funds), and other aspects relating to finance and accounting.
The Education Law Practice Group has previous experience including:
◀︎ Back to All Education
- Representing many school boards in successful litigation over local current expense and capital outlay funds and use of the local sales taxes and lottery funds
- Representing boards in negotiations with state and federal officials during and following audits, involving audit exceptions, orders for reimbursement, embezzlement, recordkeeping, and other similar circumstances
- Working closely with school finance officers in a variety of matters dealing with preventive practices, internal audits, checks and balances, and individual school accounts
- Working with school purchasing requirements, bidding, the uniform budget format, and the required state reporting systems
- Working to finance public school building projects through certificates of participation (COPs) and public school bond issues, including such matters as the procedure and resolutions of a Board of Education to seek bond approval for school projects, and the procedure and resolutions of a Board of Education to transfer bond monies from one project to another