RALEIGH, N.C. — Poyner Spruill LLP is pleased to announce 16 attorneys at the firm have been selected to the 2019 North Carolina Super Lawyers list. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in North Carolina are selected.
In addition, four Poyner Spruill attorneys were selected to the 2019 North Carolina Rising Stars list. Each year, no more than 2.5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by the research team at Super Lawyers to receive this honor.
Notably, Poyner Spruill partner David Long was included in the Top 25: 2019 Raleigh Super Lawyers and the Top 100: 2019 North Carolina Super Lawyers List. Partner Susanna Knutson Gibbons earned distinction on the Top 50: 2019 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers List.
The 2019 North Carolina Super Lawyers list also includes the following Poyner Spruill attorneys:
- Kenneth L. Burgess (Health Care, Raleigh)
- Daniel G. Cahill (Business Litigation, Raleigh)
- Karen H. Chapman (Business Litigation, Charlotte)
- Joseph B. “Bo” Dempster, Jr. (Real Estate, Raleigh)
- David Dreifus (Business Litigation, Raleigh)
- J. Nicholas Ellis (Business Litigation, Rocky Mount)
- Andrew H. Erteschik (Appellate, Raleigh)
- Susanna Knutson Gibbons (Employment and Labor, Raleigh)
- Cecil W. Harrison, Jr. (Employment and Labor, Raleigh)
- Keith H. Johnson (Environmental, Raleigh)
- David W. Long (Business Litigation, Raleigh)
- Thomas L. Ogburn, III (Business Litigation, Charlotte)
- E. Fitzgerald “Jerry” Parnell, III (Professional Liability — Defense, Charlotte)
- John L. Shaw (Surety, Raleigh)
- William R. Shenton (Health Care, Raleigh)
- Cynthia L. Van Horne (Professional Liability — Defense, Charlotte)
2019 North Carolina Rising Stars list includes the following Poyner Spruill attorneys:
- John M. “J.M.” Durnovich (Business Litigation, Charlotte)
- Chad W. Essick (Land Use/Zoning, Raleigh)
- Paul M. Fogleman (Banking, Raleigh)
- Caroline P. Mackie (Business Litigation, Raleigh)
Super Lawyers, part of Thomson Reuters, is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The annual selections are made using a patented multiphase process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, an independent research evaluation of candidates and peer reviews by practice area. The result is a credible, comprehensive and diverse listing of exceptional attorneys.
The Super Lawyers lists are published nationwide in Super Lawyers Magazines and in leading city and regional magazines and newspapers across the country. Super Lawyers Magazines also feature editorial profiles of attorneys who embody excellence in their practice of law. For more information about Super Lawyers, go to SuperLawyers.com.