RALEIGH – Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business has ranked seven practice areas and fifteen Poyner Spruill LLP attorneys as leaders in their respective fields.
Chambers USA was launched in 2003 as a means of ranking attorneys and practice groups in tiers that serve as an annual comparison with other firms across the state. Interviews with thousands of peers and clients are conducted across the country each year to compile the rankings.
Poyner Spruill received rankings, which identify the firm as a leader in North Carolina for outstanding work, in the following practice areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Labor & Employment
- Litigation: General Commercial
Here are some of the comments from sources contacted about Poyner Spruill’s attorneys and practice areas:
“The entire team has been wonderful to work with. They are all incredibly talented and hard-working.”
“fantastic, thoughtful and pragmatic.”
“an excellent communicator and strategist. He is a zealous advocate for his client.”
“a very knowledgeable attorney who is very creative in his solutions and very practical.”
Two of our attorneys increased their rankings since the 2017 Chambers survey:
- Chad W. Essick was ranked as “up and coming” in 2017 for Real Estate: Zoning/Land Use and received a Band 2 ranking in 2018.
- Andrew H. Erteschik received a Band 4 ranking in 2017 for Litigation: General Commercial and received a Band 3 ranking in 2018.
The following list of Poyner Spruill attorneys maintained a consistent ranking in the Chambers USA 2018 survey:
- Kenneth L. Burgess – Healthcare
- Kevin M. Ceglowski – Labor & Employment
- Brian F. Corbett – Banking & Finance
- H. Glenn T. Dunn – Environment
- Susanna K. Gibbons – Labor & Employment
- Timothy W. Griffin – Banking & Finance
- Wilson Hayman – Healthcare
- S. Todd Hemphill – Healthcare
- Bradley J. Herring – Banking & Finance
- Keith H. Johnson – Environment
- James S. Livermon III – Bankruptcy/Restructuring
- Steven M. Shaber – Healthcare
- David L. Woodard – Labor & Employment